It is highly recommended to take a course before enrolling in an exam. But it is possible to take an exam after self study.
The cost of DEMO Professional costs €375. The fee covers the expenses of the DEMO specialists register and the defense committee as well.
In case it is not possible to arrange a written exam session, an on-line oral exam can be taken to get the DEMO-4 Professional diploma. The exam will be conducted by two examiners. The evaluation takes place right after the exam session. The nominal duration of an oral exam is 45 minutes. The basis for an oral exam is a DEMO model of some case that the candidate submits beforehand. The candidate can use his/her own case or use one of the available educational cases (Example Lobes Case). During the exam session, the aspect models are discussed and additional questions concerning the methodology may be asked. The candidate can earn 60 points for the submitted models and 40 points for the discussion and the answers to the questions. The exam is open book, which means that the candidate may consult all course materials on the spot. One can register for an oral exam by e-mailing to email@example.com
Assignments and solutions to be submitted
The candidate must submit the following in advance:
- A narrative description of the case (max 500 words). This description defines the SoI to be modelled.
- A written account of having performed OER step 1: the PIF analysis of the case description. Marking the ‘red’ parts suffices (15 points).
- A written account of having performed OER step 2: identification of the transaction kinds and actor roles in the SoI. Also mention the Reference Model that is applied. The result must be presented in a TPT. NOTE: the number of transactions kinds should be between 4 and 7. If the actual number is out of this range, the candidate should adapt the case description (15 points).
- A written account of having performed OER step 3. The result must be presented in the next way: (30 points)
- 1. Regarding the CM: one or more CSDs, together covering the TPT. The BCT may optionally be produced; it must be based on the produced AM.
- 2. Regarding the PM: one or more PSDs, together covering the CM.
- 3. Regarding the FM: one or more OFDs, together covering the CM. If applicable, one or more DFSs should be provided …
- 4. Regarding the AM: the minimal requirement is to produce the ARS for settling the request event of some transaction kind, and the ARS for settling the promise event of a transaction kind to which at least one wait condition applies (if possible).
Additional assignments during the exam session
- Applying the sapience ‘verification by instantiation’ to the produced CM, FM and AM. (10 points)
- Suggestions of how the performance of the enterprise, as defined by the case description, could be improved by change(s) in the construction or operation of its organisation. The candidate should also indicate which organisational layers (O, I or D) would be affected, and whether it regards the ontology or the implementation of the organisational layer. (10 points)
- One should submit all documents (descriptions, diagrams, tables, etc.) in PDF.
- All materials must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 5 working days prior to the examination date.
Clarification of the points to gain
The blue marked points are part of the 60 points for the submitted solutions, the green marked points are part of the 40 points for the discussion during the exam session.